Sunday, March 24, 2013

From Procrastination to Inspiration

I've been procrastinating on completing the nautical adventure that I set upon and ironically procrastination has led to inspiration on several other endeavors. 

The following works are under production: Noknow - the know nothing boy AND Legend of the Lunatic Mama.  Two very different shorts.  In Noknow the child doesn't learn a thing and ends quite sadly.  I envision a beautiful story with Native American influence in both the characters and overall style of the book.  While Legend of the Lunatic Mama is somewhat scary, as most folk tales are - with bizarre twists and turns.  The mother reigns supreme and her children live to mess up another day.  Both are in the hands of professional illustrators at this very moment. 

Last night I sent a shout out to Starbucks about my recent release of Coffee in the Bottle.  This baby should be gracing coffee countertops all across the country.  Written for moms everywhere who have children thirsting to fill bigger shoes. 

At present, I'm working on my first market influenced book.  This one was a struggle because it didn't start with pure inspiration but rather research into what type of book is selling.  I'm pushing myself to fill a need in the marketplace and let's face it - every author's dream is to SELL books.  Writing them is just the beginning ... but getting them into the hands of eager readers is key.  Anyway this one is a tale about Little Miss Mary Medley, the garden girl.  I'll post the text here once completed - just working through the story concept between bouts of working in the real world.