Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Absolute Future

I woke up thinking about the future ... what will it be and when will it get here.  Once it arrives ~ it will no longer be the future, but the present and sadly, in the blink of an eye, it will be the past.

I looked up the definition of future, in my trusty Webster's Dictionary.  It says: The time yet to come.

On Wikipedia the definition is much more grand: The future is the indefinite time period after the present.  Its arrival is considered inevitable due to the existence of time and the laws of physics.  Due to the nature of reality and the inevitability of the future, everything that currently exists and will exist ~ is temporary and will come to an end.  It goes on to say:  In physics, time is considered to be the fourth dimension of the universe.

I guess, I'm dreaming about another dimension.  The fourth dimension!  Careful, everything is starting to make sense!