Friday, December 9, 2011

Coffee in the Bottle

Speaking of flashes of insight ... I was driving home yesterday when my 4 year old asked for a bit of my coffee.  When I got home, I jotted out a children's picture book called ' Coffee in the Bottle'.  I could see the whimsical little book gracing the counter at any Starbucks, showing Grandma at her finest! 
 
Coffee in the Bottle
By: Donna D. McCartney

Grandma slipped a little coffee in the baby’s bottle –
Just to see what it would do

It gave him super powers, super strength and super speed –
It’s true!

When Mom told me to watch him – I just watched him go
Running after his dusty cape, as he tried to escape

Grandma says next week he’ll enter the diaper derby
Crawling in record time, crossing the finish line

He’s a pooper trooper dropping bombs here and there
Mom changed his dirty diaper in despair
We all covered our noses as the stink hit the air

Grandma laughed when the baby climbed the tree
I didn’t because everyone thought it was me!

It wasn’t funny when the fire marshal came
I’m the one who always gets the blame

With a baby so strong, something must be terribly wrong

Finally when it was time for bed
He went down without the usual fight
Mom kissed his cheek and turned out the light

Before I go, there is one thing you should know …
Whatever you do, DON’T let Grandma put coffee in the baby’s bottle!

Ok, so I don't know if it will ever become a picture book because I can't draw worth a lick.  And I don't know any illustrators.  But I thought it was a cute idea.