Friday, December 30, 2011

Gift of the Magi ~ Mama

After 18 years of marriage, I still don't know what to get my husband for Christmas.  With money as tight as it is, we had decided not to exchange gifts this year and instead just focus on the kids.  Do you think my husband kept his end of the bargain?  NO!  He went out and secretly got me a gift anyway. 

So today, with no money, I was determined to think of the perfect gift for my husband.  I settled on cleaning and organizing the garage for him.  I'm sure it's not the best gift to give but it is one that he has been meaning to tackle for awhile.  All day my boys and I organized, cleaned, swept and made two trips to the dump ... I can finally see some floor space! 

These are the little things that happen when you've been married for as long as we have.