Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Branding

For the cover of book 1, I knew exactly what I wanted.  I wanted the wavy header, I wanted to see the title in white, I had a say in the overall coloring of the book cover and even various little details on the boys, themselves. 

With the covers of books 2, 3, and 4 - I did the best I could with what I could find.  I purchased royalty free pictures and dropped in the text.  Now - I do like those covers, but they are not the same as book 1.  Therein lies the problem.  In creating a BRAND or product recognition, people need to know what they're buying and that it's all related.  But I simply don't have the artistic ability to create something similar, myself.  So I may look into what a cover illustrator would charge me to create original book covers for the rest of my series.

I'll let you know what happens and how that works.