Sunday, November 20, 2011

Writing as procrastination?

About 5,000 words into the book about my boys time at Fork Union Military Academy - my husband comes to me and tells me he thinks I am wasting my time, because I am supposed to be developing the Nautical Mile Series.  He thinks that I am using 'Geeks, Bullies, and Global Dictators', that's the title by the way, as a means to procrastinate ... instead of working on Dark Dawn! 

Well, he's probably right.  Shhhhhhhh.  He's always right.  But don't tell him that!  It is the most annoying quality of all and if you have a spouse that is ALWAYS right, then you know what I mean. 

So, I will leave 'Geeks, Bullies, and Global Dictators' sitting in the recesses of my mind for now.  Maybe when he's not around, I'll tinker with the storyline.  I have all the chapters and characters mapped out, as well as the opening scene.  But that's about it.  Now to business at hand .... drum roll please, Dum De Dum ... Dark Dawn, Book 5 in the Nautical Mile Series. 

Oh and good morning.  Get that cup of coffee that's calling to you.  Yes, I can hear it - because it's calling me too!