Monday, November 28, 2011

Diggin' In

Alright the phone is turned OFF, the fax is turned OFF, kids are back at school and I am hunkering down to work on my book.  I've totally re-written the first chapter of book 5 and now I'm finally happy with the mysterious picture it paints.  That's not to say there won't be more revisions to it ... but it is truer to the story that's in my head.     

Each one of my books builds on the other books in the series.  But they are also a book unto themselves.  I've caught the readers up through a dream sequence at the beginning of the story which is somewhat frightening to Kyle (in the book).  My 9 year old, actually loves this chapter.  Whenever I see him close his DS, I know I've got his attention!  I started reading and the DS closed!! 

So that's not a fool proof plan for critiquing my work, but it is an observation of mine. 

I am trying to 'recruit' other young readers to help me critique my work.  The editor's son at Spin Sheet Magazine actually wrote the book review that will be appearing in their December edition.  It's online.  I thought that was just so sweet, having the 11 year old son of the editor write the book review!  

Check it out!