Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Under the Cover

Alright, an original cover created just for me will cost between $700 - $600 per book.  I don't have that right now.  So I will keep the illustrators information and set that aside, he is on my to do list - but it will have to wait until after the holidays.  Hopefully by then, I will have a better understanding of where my series is going and maybe I'll have that literary agent I've been praying for.  But if not, I am gathering various professionals to help me go it on my own.   

I've been researching how to write my query letter to agents and realized that I've been doing it all wrong!  Of course!  That's how I always do things ... at first.  But I take it in stride, I've given myself permission to make mistakes (as long as I LEARN from them).  So I will throw out my original draft of the dreaded query letter.  Okay (so it's really the 3rd draft) but its still not quite right.

Time to get to work...